Ansha Kotyk - Fiction Author

A writer's blog

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Epiphany

So I had an epiphany the other day.
Here's some background. My current WIP has been floundering. or at least i thought it was floundering. It really wasn't. I had simply finished my first draft. And it was what all first drafts should be, a pile of crap. BUT, importantly it was a pile of crap with some really good points. Its like creating a map of an island by feel. Its just not pretty. No nice aerial shots, its rough, its bumpy and its sure has areas where it just doesn't make sense.
The epiphany happened when I visited an author's website. She described her method of writing. Multiple drafts. As in starting over with Draft #2.
That's when the epiphany hit me. I didn't need to edit Draft #1 (thank god). I simply needed to start Draft #2. So there it is, simple but profound.
I'm now starting Draft #2 of The Book. I'm about 1500 words into it. I'm working on getting my groove back. I'll get there. With lots of hard work.

0 Comments: